Thursday, November 18, 2004

Speaking of BananaSlug

For as long as I've been a programmer, I've never jumped into object-oriented programming in any real way, other than a tutorial here or there, or a quick mod to someone else's method.

So as I added one more category to BananaSlug (10x10 current news words) I decided to make a quick rewrite of BananaSlug using PHP classes. It took a couple days and the normal amount of obsession, but it's there now. I wanted to make it quicker, and the rewrite has accomplished that, along with (unfortunately) removing the Amazon search results. They were slowing down the BananaSlug results. I'll be adding a link to pop-up my Amazon results explorer, so that's next on the list.

I also returned BananaSlug to displaying the full list of categories, all at once.
Link