Friday, April 29, 2005

SF AM radio station to go all podcast

I saw this in the Chron today: KYCY AM is switching over from talk radio to podcast. I'm not sure what to think about this reverse commute. Part of the appeal of podcasting is the personal choice subscription model where I control the content, so will this just be a commercialized radio version of public access TV? Could there something like Comcast's On Demand or TiVo's Season Pass? Like a combination of Sirius and Streamium? What I'd really like is an iPodder appliance for my dashboard so my "radio" streams my subscriptions directly via satellite so that I don't have to sync my iPod at a computer and then hook it into my car to listen.

That, and I'm going to miss Imus in the Morning. Unless, of course, I can start getting it on my iPod.